The term “Lost Item Found" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of Lost Item Found, a registered California business. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our Lost Item Found website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Lost Item Found's prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States.
General Operating Terms:
- Subscription: You receive a subscription to Lost Item Found when you receive unique Lost Item Found serial number(s) assigned by us to you. You will receive 1 tag specifically designed for key chains, and/or 4 labels specifically designed for other items. Labels and tags can take up to 10 business days to be processed and shipped after your payment has been received by us.
- Cost: The cost of a Lost Item Found tag and label package is per year, or 2 findings, whichever comes first, and current pricing is available on our web site. A finding is described as a lost item returned to you. If your lost items are recovered and we receive either your item or advice of your lost item, we will return those items to you only after past due annual charges have been paid and made current.
- Recovery of Keys: You attach a Lost Item Found tag to a set of keys that you want us to recover. When those keys are found, the finder can contact us through the Finders Reward page on our web site, and we will arrange for courier pick up for your lost item. The lost item will be sent by courier directly to you. You pay for the courier fee.
- Recovery of Other Items: You attach a Lost Item Found label to your other items. When those other items are found, the finder can contact us through the Finders Reward page on our web site, and we will arrange for courier pick up of your lost item. The lost item will be sent by courier directly to you. You pay for the courier fee.
- Finders: Finders of lost items will use the Lost Item Found web site to contact us. Provided that these finders give sufficient personal information to us, and you have satisfactorily received your lost item, we will offer these finders 1 year free Lost Item Found service. No finder information will be disclosed to you.
- Refund of Payments: You may terminate your membership at any time. Upon termination of membership, we will refund amounts paid by you provided that we have not processed and shipped your labels and tags. After that time there will be no refund.
- Limitations : A maximum of 2 findings and returns will be allowed in any one subscription period. A new subscription will be required for further service if the maximum findings and returns are exceeded. Items must be within the standard weights and sizes defined in the Lost Item Found web site in order to receive the return shipping fees also identified in our site. Non standard shipping fees can be obtained and will be determined by weight, size and timing for delivery for each item returned.
- Recovery Limitations: We assume no liability if your items are not returned to you due to incorrect membership records, so you should notify us promptly of relevant changes to your details. We reserve the right not to recover your items if any payment due from you to us is past its due date.
- Delivery Service: We assume no liability for incorrect delivery or speed of delivery of courier.
- Lost Item Found Standard Weights and Sizes: Small- Up to 1.0 pound and will fit into a box 13"x11"x2"; Medium-1.1lb. to 4.0lb. and fit into a box 13"x11"x2"; Large-4.1lb. to 7.0lb and fit into a box 18"x13"x2".
- Assignment: You may not assign or transfer your Lost Item Found membership to any other person without our prior consent.
Lost Item Found may disclose your personal information as required or permitted by law. We may disclose information in the following circumstances to the following bodies:
- A government institution or other person or entity that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information. Lost Item Found will make every effort to ensure that only information specifically itemized in the request is provided;
- A court, person or entity producing a subpoena or court order requiring Lost Item Found to provide the information. Lost Item Found will make every effort to ensure that only information specifically itemized in the request is provided;
- An appropriate legal agent, where Lost Item Found has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity; and/or
- Lost Item Found’s legal counsel.
Third-Party Service Providers
Lost Item Found may share your personal information with certain service providers in order to make a product sale and provide our protection services to you. To reduce the risk of fraud or misuse of personal information, Lost Item Found and its designated agents may verify your personal information, including but not limited to your address and credit card information, with third party service providers.
Information provided to couriers or other individuals or companies charged with transporting found items is restricted to a standard mailing address, either for the Lost Item Found customer’s home or another designated address. Normally, these agents will also be aware of the identity of the retrieved article, since they will be required to place the item in standard company packaging.
General Disclaimer And Limitation Of Liability
The site, the services, the information and materials herein are provided on an “as is, where is, as available” basis. In no event will Lost Item Found be liable for indirect, general, special, economic, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages resulting from the use of the Lost Item Found, whether in tort, contract or any other cause of action, including without limitation, for loss of data, information or programs, or damage to computers or networks, or from breach of privacy and similar personal rights, or from infringement of intellectual property rights, or any other damages whatsoever, whether or not Lost Item Found has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Lost Item Found’s liability in all such cases shall be limited to the extent permitted by law.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Lost Item Found, its affiliates and related companies, from and against all claims, liability, expenses, including all legal fees and costs, arising out of: (i) your breach of any provisions of these terms and conditions; or (ii) your use of the Lost Item Found site, the content contained herein, and the placement or transmission of any information or other materials on the site made by you or others using your account. Furthermore, you agree to promptly notify Lost Item Found immediately after you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account and to take such reasonable steps as are necessary to prevent any reoccurrence of such event. Lost Item Found reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. You agree to co-operate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim.
Privacy And Security
Lost Item Found strives to protect the privacy and security of any information you provide over the Internet to Lost Item Found. However, because of the nature of the Internet, Lost Item Found cannot guarantee that this information will not be improperly accessed or used by third parties. As well, Lost Item Found makes no representations or warranties that the Lost Item Found, or access to and use of the Lost Item Found site, will be uninterrupted, error free, or free from defects, viruses or other harmful components. Therefore, you are submitting the information over the Internet to Lost Item Found at your own risk. Please refer to the Privacy and Security Policy section of this site for full information, including the measures Lost Item Found has in place to protect its clients.
These terms and conditions of use constitute the entire agreement and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, of whatever medium, between you and Lost Item Found with respect to your use of the Lost Item Found. The failure or delay of Lost Item Found in exercising any right or remedy under these terms and conditions or elsewhere shall not constitute a waiver of such right or remedy. The section titles in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
By using the Lost Item Found site, you are indicating that you agree with the terms and conditions of use. If you do not agree with Lost Item Found’s terms and conditions of use, please do not use this site. Except where otherwise stated on the site, the use of the designation “Lost Item Found” on this site will be deemed to include Lost Item Found.com Inc. and its affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and assigns.
Lost Item Found reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of these terms and conditions at any time. These modifications will be effective immediately upon posting on the Lost Item Found site. Please check these terms and conditions periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Lost Item Found site indicates that you accept the modified terms and conditions.